MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why doesn't MyBB use plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why doesn't MyBB use any plugins for the community?
We try to keep the community forums as normal as a user can expect their forums to be upon installation of their own forums. This way, expectations are not higher than what the software has to offer straight out of the box.

Also it means we know all the code that is running here at all times. Smile
Many of our new users visit this forum as a "demo", hence, plugins will give them the wrong image on what features are included and what not. Additionally, we do not use user created plugins for security purposes.

EDIT: Ryan beat me too it. Toungue
So you are not using any plugin at all here? Not even custom made?
There's some slight additions for staff in our UserCPs but nothing huge, apart from that, it's stock MyBB. We run what you run.
(2009-06-17, 08:51 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]So you are not using any plugin at all here? Not even custom made?

A couple - But they're nothing that changes the front-end users experience from what we ship with MyBB.
They run a secret plugin that forces users to enjoy mybb.
I think simplicity of mybb is the real beuty of it...
(2009-06-18, 01:02 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-17, 08:51 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]So you are not using any plugin at all here? Not even custom made?

A couple - But they're nothing that changes the front-end users experience from what we ship with MyBB.

I understand. But even right out of the box, Mybb offers a lot of features and options that other free forums don''t, even the paid ones. I was surprised at how feature rich it is.
what about those colored news bars at the top. I'm pretty sure those aren't default in MyBB.
Pages: 1 2