MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My tableless MyBB (dv-8.me)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone. I am a long time lurker, first time poster. Big Grin
Back in '02 I used to do complete template overhauls for IBP. That lasted for about 2 years until World of Warcraft was released and it managed to suck all my free time up. Anyway, I broke away from that addiction and started to look for a new Bulletin Board to tinker with. I came to pick MyBB after I noticed that just about all of my favorite sites use it. I must say, I am really impressed with how robust this software is (especially the template system) as it has allowed me to create something that has been a sort of "Taboo" when it comes to forums; Tableless Design.

Why Tableless? Why not? Toungue
I was already going to scrap the default template and start over and it has been a concept I have had in the back of my mind for the past 4 years. Please keep in mind it is still very much a work in progress (the only people who know about it are friends, and of course you all). At the time of this posting I have edited about 50% of the templates with the remaining 50% consisting of the Calendar, Moderation bits and images.

http://my.dv-8.me/ssage/board/index.php

Angel
*Jaw drops on floor*
(2009-06-19, 10:15 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]*Jaw drops on floor*

/poke

You ok over there? Confused
Awesome work Smile
Hope to see something like that as default for MyBB 1.6!

However the go-buttons do not lead anywhere right now and for me personally, sitting here in the late night, theme is too bright.

But all in all - great. Keep up the good work Smile
Nice done Mauricio Big Grin

liquid width and tableless layout, a very smooth design
AAAA. GOSH. You freaked me out with that sound when we hover the menu links. Seriously dude.. I was like sleepy, almost sleeping.. I fall of the chair lol

btw nice work. Not my style though.
WOW! That right there is one of the coolest things I have seen mybbwize! Good to see another unique forum out there!
(2009-06-19, 10:28 PM)LS 134 Wrote: [ -> ]Hope to see something like that as default for MyBB 1.6!

An overhaul of the theme like that wouldn't be for 1.6, 1.6 will be a smaller update than 1.4.

The does look great by the way Smile
Wow....just wow. That theme is amazing. I mean it's so simple but just the way it's set up is awesome. Great job!
As amazing as it is...I think I am more wowed by it's massive alteration and imho this wouldn't make a good default theme.
Pages: 1 2 3