MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release for mybb1.4*] Custom Tab
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Download Link

It will add a new custom tab with a label and URL of your choosing at the navigation bar.

You can enable and disable the mod at the acp of your forum-Settings-Custom Tab. There you can also enter the text that you want to appear at the Navigation Bar and the url of your choosing. Personally I add the Forum Rules but you can add a tab to redirect to your homepage or anywhere else you want. It can be either an extern or intern url.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

How to install the mod:

Log in to your ftp program and copy the customtab.php file in: /inc/plugins folder. Then the custom.gif image to the /toplinks/ folder in the /images/ directory.

And as last but not least, activate the plug in from the Acp of your forum-Configuration-Plugins. If you don''t like the icon image provided, then you can replace it with your own.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots.

Alternatively, you can download the below attached package as well.
Er.. so what exactly does this do??
Adds a link in header template??
Screenshots would be appreciated.
(2009-06-23, 12:14 AM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]Er.. so what exactly does this do??
Adds a link in header template??
Screenshots would be appreciated.

babjusi Wrote:It will add a new custom tab with a label and URL of your choosing at the navigation bar.

Edit : But where is the plugin? Toungue
I read that, thank you.
But I don't know if he/she means the header links, or a different "navigation" bar.
Hey due
number 1: There are no attachments i.e no screenshots and plugin
(2009-06-23, 04:28 AM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]I read that, thank you.
But I don't know if he/she means the header links, or a different "navigation" bar.

Only on the header link also called navigation menu
Sorry about that guys, I had forgotten to include the screenshots but now I updated the topic with screenshots of the mod.

ghazal is right, it adds a custom tab at the navigation menu, next to Search, Member List, Calendar and the Help buttons. For ex, say you want to put a link there for your homepage or any other thing, then this is the plugin you need. Atm is waiting approval but as soon as it gets approved, I will post the link to the download page.
Nice idea, this is a usefull stuff to new mybb users or someone who´s not familiar with html code
(2009-06-23, 11:58 AM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]Nice idea, this is a usefull stuff to new mybb users or someone who´s not familiar with html code

Indeed, but I think it would come in handy even to experienced users. Say for ex, that you put the link to your home page and then after a while you want to change it to something else. You can do so from the comfort of your Acp without changing the code manually all the time.
Nice idea, but I don't think anyone that needs multiple menu links would find this useful. You need to develop a plugin that can add multiple menu links instead of just one.
Pages: 1 2