MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AmazingBoard | Showcase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: icon_for_MyBBoard-net.png]

So you've got a board? this is your oportunity to show it to the world, as an amazing board. We're trying to gather the best designed themes around the net, without any focus on the script you use, nor the language.

Rate and comment on boards you like and you don't, and submit others you know are not published yet (it doesn't matter if you don't own it).

AmazingBoard.com is commited to gather the best designed bulletin boards across the web, on one place. We bring fresh designs for inspiration of theme makers, delight of users, and promotion of amazing site owners.

Now rate your favorites, and comment! What you like about the theme, and what could be improved, it’s on your hands.

Soon, we’ll have our resources section up! So you can make your site even more amazing! or to help you have your own amazing board.

Go to: AmazingBoard.com now, and participate!

Thanks!

PS: I got permission from Ryan Loos to post this here.
Awesome! Great job man. Congrutalations.
Would I be able to submit a non-english site?
Thanks! and you can submit boards in any language Wink
Meh.. Sorry. Didn't see Ryan approved.
Ok, no problem Toungue He told me to add that on the post to avoid confusion among other moderators...
The design is really nice. However, it's far too wide. I'm using a MacBook with a resolution of 1280x800 and I have to make my browser take up the entire screen just to see the entirety of the site. If you are going to do fixed width, you have to make it smaller than that.

As for the sites themselves ... well, I was hoping for more. It's essentially just showing what the owner itself thinks of their site. I was hoping for something similar to my MyBB spotlight idea, I guess.

Keep up the good work.
I'm using a MacBook too, and the site is just 1024px width... I think that's ok. Unless yo use a small window of course.

Right now is just a showcase, but I was planning to implement a contest to feature something like the 'board of the week/month", with a lot more info about the site. I'll do that after I get more sites listed, though.

And just for the record, I don't even rate the themes. I'm not who writes the description, title, nor tags. So there is nothing about my opinion on any board at all.

Thanks.
(2009-06-23, 06:31 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using a MacBook too, and the site is just 1024px width... I think that's ok. Unless yo use a small window of course.
Thanks.

"Small window?" If you're using Mac OS X, you must know that it's not common behaviour for a window to fill the entire screen. I have to expand the window to the entire screen to view the entirety of your site. I think 1024 pixels is too wide to use as a mandatory width ...
Yeah I know, but if you're using FF or Opera, those will use the whole screen. Safari "automatically" adjust to the site needs (which I doubt some times). Anyways, I'd be eventually changing to use 960grid system, just to follow "standards" on metrics. But that won't happend so soon. By the moment, I'll just make the theme a bit flexible... from 800px to 1024px width, is that alright? I'd find using a >800px width window annoying Toungue
(2009-06-23, 06:58 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know, but if you're using FF or Opera, those will use the whole screen. Safari "automatically" adjust to the site needs (which I doubt some times). Anyways, I'd be eventually changing to use 960grid system, just to follow "standards" on metrics. But that won't happend so soon. By the moment, I'll just make the theme a bit flexible... from 800px to 1024px width, is that alright? I'd find using a >800px width window annoying Toungue

800 would be fine ...

BTW, I imagine most people using Macs will be using Safari ...
Pages: 1 2 3