MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't set up my site yet but i was wondering i want to have kind of like a blog thingy so it will display stuff like a blog on the home page so i was thinking should i use the portal or i saw that mybb has a blog mod will this work? or should i buy a blog and try to incorporate my forum to the blog thanks
Why would you buy a blog? Just use Wordpress or another free one Toungue.

The mybb blog mod doesn't work as a new thing really. It's meant to give user blogs not work as a portal.

If it's just going to be for news kinds of things the portal should work fine Wink.

But, if you want more of a CMS wordpress would work better.
Thanks dude for all the info, i was just thinking about buying one so it would match my forum i never used a blog before so its going to be a new adventure LOL anyways thanks again dude Big Grin

Just to be clear it would probley be a better idea to get a blog and try to make it fit with my forum?
Get wordpress.

Don't ever buy web scripts.
Ok then... is there a way to get wordpress with the same name as my site like blog.mysitename.net or something? or does it have to be blog.wordpress.com

EDIT: I can see that you can download wordpress once i get my site up and running i can install wordpress on the same server as my paid site? HAHA is there a tutorial or something on this
You can always download it at Wordpress.org and install it on your webserver.
Hmm how to do it? can i have a tutorial or something?
LMAO Ok thanks Toungue
Your welcome
Pages: 1 2