MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make um "multiple forums"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so like i was wondering if this is possible to make like multiple forums like um i dunno how to explain um like you have the main forum with just site stuff then you can click on a link witch will take you to another part of the forum that is about something totally different and has none of the other forums sooo kind of like this

Forum A

Blah blah blah

You click on a link

Forum B

LOL LOL

And it has none of the forums from forum A in it

Sorry if im confusing but thats the best way i could explain
Do you mean "subforums"? In admincp you just create child forums for the forums you want.
Hm not subforums.... like.... um i will edit this post with an example site
Yeah, a link may be helpful, pretty sure you just need subforums though...
I just see forums with subforums...
I think he means like the links at the top of this site like "Community forum" "Wiki" "Mods" etc.

I think you need a website and you link your forum to it from there
Actually I think he means the DS | Wii | Xbox forums listed at the top left. Each has it's own template.

That's easy really...just setup categories for each then add the forums. Next create a template for each category and force it for each forum. This is easy to do as far as the "how" but now you have to figure out if you have the ability to make and manage all the different themes you will need.
(2009-07-03, 12:21 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I think he means the DS | Wii | Xbox forums listed at the top left. Each has it's own template.

That's easy really...just setup categories for each then add the forums. Next create a template for each category and force it for each forum. This is easy to do as far as the "how" but now you have to figure out if you have the ability to make and manage all the different themes you will need.

Yea thats what i meant thanks so much i will try to mess around with that Big Grin
Dude, creepy (sh*tting bricks right now). That's my homepage, and the site I admin o.O
We used the miniforum mod for IPB. It allows you to hide certain forums from view, and section them off (there's actually about 15 categories, and each with about 5-6 forums).

I don't know if there's any mod like that available for MyBB tho.
Pages: 1 2