MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Demonstration? + Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been checking the theme demonstration section, but it seems that there are some pretty old ones, or repeated ones. So, I was wondering, how do you choose the themes listed on the theme demonstration page?

I think there should be just one color variation of each... for example there's like 11 Afresh there. New users (or potential users) would think there is absolutely no variety for themes... and no offense for the authors of some of those themes, they were good once... but now they just seem to be over-used, old, or too plain.

I think there have been new releases which could be added to the list, that are actually on the mods database.

And my suggestion for the themes section is that themes could be grouped on color variations. Just to remove repetitive themes on the lists. It's just my opinion. And maybe make a sub-category for AdminCP theme? there are some new ones now.

Thanks,
Combus
I think all of them should be added.
(2009-07-03, 03:36 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I think all of them should be added.

He's not saying get rid of the variations of colors. He saying group them into one page so it doesn't looke all the themes here are just color variations of a few. Wink
No, I meant add all of the themes to the site as soon as they're approved. TBH, I've only really noticed the color variations for afresh. It kind of deserves it's own preview site :/
I think that not all themes should be added, but the ones staff deem to be good... with all honestly, you know we're far from having every single theme marked as good on the themes database (yeah I know it's subjective, bla, bla).
I can see that ending bad..
(2009-07-04, 02:38 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]I think that not all themes should be added, but the ones staff deem to be good... with all honestly, you know we're far from having every single theme marked as good on the themes database (yeah I know it's subjective, bla, bla).

While I agree from a personal stand point I'll have to disagree with doing it. Sure not all the themes are "good" but someone made it and thought it usable. I'm sure others will use it too. Everyone has different levels of expectations. Not, everyone can make or needs/wants a professional looking/quality theme.
Yeah, I understand both of your points. Though, there are too many themes... Maybe if themes were added once they reach x downloads? That would be kind of proof that people is actually interested on using those themes.
Well, the other solution is people just providing their own preview sites.
but i hate registering for a million sites....
Pages: 1 2