MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Young Politics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://youngpolitics.net/forum/

I wanted to make a political discussion board that was dedicated to, primarily, the 15-25 age range within the United States. There's not many of those around (On other more established political boards you see mostly older people ranging from 30-50ish), if any, but I know that I am very interested in the subject, and I'm within that age range. Hopefully there will be some like-minded folks out there.

Right now it's nice and humble. I haven't started marketing it yet. This is the first time I've posted about it. We'll see where it ends up though. Smile If it works out, great. If not, that's fine too. I'm just in it to see what happens really.
Before i even comment, Use a skin please!
I understand where you are coming from, and for most things I'm very open to advice, but I'm afraid I have to outright disagree here. I like making slight edits to the default...adding the red makes it fit my topic just fine. In fact, I have yet to see a theme that conveys my topic in a better way than what I have right now. (If you know of one, by all means let me know.)

Perhaps I will make one myself some day, but I don't see the point. There are many successful boards that use the default theme without any edits at all. And most users don't particularly care whether it's default or not in the first place, if they are aware that it's the default at all. They worry about it looking clean and not looking tacky.
Hate it break it to you, but your site looks tacky, not clean. Bright red, bright blue on a white background ... not exactly subtle, is it?
I know but the Background doesn't really connected with the board with the red edits.

Also add more forums and content.
What do y'all think I should do with it? I guess I just can't tell that it looks that bad because I've been looking at it for so long. Toungue Had no idea. I'm sorry if I came across as arrogant.

And again, if you've seen any good themes that go with a red, white, and blue color scheme, let me know. I'll keep looking though.
You are American? If so A Red-White-Blue theme would be good. make sure it isn't a barber theme though...
@T0m
(2009-07-05, 11:40 PM)Imagine Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to make a political discussion board that was dedicated to, primarily, the 15-25 age range within the United States.

@ Imagine
Yes please use a theme, or have one custom made for you.
Alright, I've updated it with a new theme. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it, but I like it. Instead of incorporating red directly into the theme I think I'm just going to give up and put it only in the logo. It's hard to balance those three colors throughout the entire thing. (And I plan to make a new logo soon as well.)
I made you a new background and a new tcat_bg.gif. That way you now have a red, white and blue theme. Just overwrite the old files in the /images/BlueFusion folder.

Tell me if you like it.
Pages: 1 2