MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest Posts RSS Feed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi,

I modified the syndication.php (from MyBB 1.4.8 1.6.3) a little bit. With the attached file you will get the latests posts and not only the latests threads as a RSS Feed (Web Feed).

Copy the file to your root directory of MyBB and with a browser just call up the file.

All parameters of default syndication works on syndication2.php too.

PS:

If you want to show this feed to browsers just add the following lines to headerinclude template (optional):

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Latest Posts (RSS 2.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication2.php" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Latest Posts (Atom 1.0)" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/syndication2.php?type=atom1.0" />
Very good..!

Promissing.. indeed
Does it add a backlink? Wink
No, it's not a typical plugin. Wink
btw: It works very well with MyBB 1.4.9 or 1.4.10! Smile
Wow, this is something I've been looking for since I read some thread in the tutorial section.

I'll deactivate wordbb and I'll try this plugin to show feeds in my wordpress widgets. Thanks.
very nice....I'll use it on my forum..this will be nice for posting to twitter.
Thanks querschlaeger

Useful code Smile
Hi How Can I RTL the posts? For the Persian Language it's LTR But I want to RTL it!
This should handle your Feed Reader. The output of the feed is "raw" html.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5