MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: converting from IPB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok i am attempting to convert from IPB 2.3 using the merge system, everything seemed to go ok but when i try to go to a profile i get the below error at the top of the profiles.

The following warnings occurred: 
Warning [2] mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given - Line: 1454 - File: member.php PHP 5.2.8 (Linux)File	Line	Function
[PHP]	 	errorHandler->error
/member.php	1454	mktime

Also whenever i click anything in the admin panel i get this

403 Permission Denied

Can someone help me figure out how to fix it? Thanks.
1. Are you talking about the "The member you specified is either invalid or doesn't exist."?

2. http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42160.html
1. No. actually i took the link down because i was attempting to fix it but it didn't work. This issue still has me confused. Below is the actual error.

The following warnings occurred: 
Warning [2] mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given - Line: 1454 - File: member.php PHP 5.2.8 (Linux)File	Line	Function
[PHP]	 	errorHandler->error
/member.php	1454	mktime

2. Unfortunately, I think i have figured this problem out, i have contacted my host and they have gotten back to me and told me this.

Quote:If you encounter the 403 forbidden error, that means that MyBB is trying to perform a task which is hazardous to the server and is blocked due to security concerns. Unfortunately there is no way around this as mod_security is enabled to protect the server from hackers.

Is there any workaround through MyBB? otherwise it seems I'm screwed.

Any help with either issue would be appreciated.
There's a method to turn off mod_security via your .htaccess but hardly anyone has got it to work and if you host really want it turned on, they probably wouldn't like it if you did that... there isn't really a work around other than turning mod_security off. Very rare that a host point blank refuses to turn it off.
what i don't get is, why IPB has been working as it should for a few years with few if any problems and MyBB has to have something special disabled and will not work correctly on my host. This sucks big time i really wanted to use MYBB.
It's just the way the ACP URLs are set out, mod_security doesn't like it. I think I saw somewhere that it isn't mod_security per se that causes it, it's when it's configured incorrectly... can't they just whitelist your account...??
(2009-07-13, 09:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]can't they just whitelist your account...??

I'll ask and see, but somehow i doubt it.
mod_security is as useless as safe_mode if code is written to be secure, which MyBB's code is, it IS to do with incorrect configs. The best solution is to whitelist or move to a host that doesn't use mod_security.
I got a reply from my host and this is what they said....

Quote:With the latest new mod_security version, we cannot whitelist or disable mod_security on individual accounts.

seems I'm screwed Sad unless anyone has any other ideas?
Not really, if you can't get mod_security off, nothing else can be done really. There was a file posted that changed the URL so mod_security didn't mind them but then other things broke.
Pages: 1 2