MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm getting fustrated by moderators moving threads to the request section or the discussion section without reason or notification. Can moderators please start to explain or something? Yeah it may be obvious but sometimes it's best to leave a topic where it is.
Because a lot of the things you ask aren't support for MyBB, they're requests for things that can't be done in MyBB or support for something that isn't MyBB. As a general rule, if the problem isn't with something in the MyBB download package, it isn't general support. If you give a link to some, I can explain them.

This one for example: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-53032.html

That is not possible with MyBB by default, so to have it, it would need a plugin, hence it being moved to plugin requests. Discussion on that wouldn't be general support for MyBB, it's something you want to add to it. If you really want a 'This is not possible by default, it needs a plugin, moved to requests' response, that's not a problem, but it isn't done to annoy people...
I understand why they are moved but I dislike "silent moves".

I guess I'm used to showing what I've done for my own forums.
(2009-07-16, 12:58 PM)AussieJay Wrote: [ -> ]I understand why they are moved but I dislike "silent moves".

If you would like to volunteer your time to explain to every single member, that ever posts a topic in the wrong section, why their threads are moved, then be my guest and submit your application to the MyBB Team.

We're a group of volunteers. We don't have time to explain everything to everyone.
Are you serious?
(2009-07-17, 07:41 AM)AussieJay Wrote: [ -> ]Are you serious?

Why wouldn't he be serious? The fact is that we can't be notifying every single member when we move their threads. As Ryan said, we are volunteers and don't have time to explain everything.
To be fair, there could be something with custom moderator tools for common move reasons to make a post when moved (e.g., moving to requests because it is not default functionality).

Not that I disagree with Ryan, but it could be a good idea.
(2009-07-17, 08:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, there could be something with custom moderator tools for common move reasons to make a post when moved (e.g., moving to requests because it is not default functionality).

Not that I disagree with Ryan, but it could be a good idea.

That would require a lot of mod tools Toungue. I honestly don't see the big deal as long as the trail(what ever it's called) is left behind for a day or two.
Not contacting the members individually but including a note on the end of the thread. Now that someone has mentioned moderator tools, it has an auto-reply feature that would satisfy my request.

However that would be a major decision that would become permanent.

From re-reading this thread I am not surprised that I am outnumbered in this suggestion. Consider it in the future, please.

Or even better, look at this plug-in here.
We don't use plugins like that here...

If it's really that big of a problem we can think about adding a reply to the mod tool that moves them but most people are fine with the threads being moved with no reply or reason...
Pages: 1 2