MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it illegal to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it illegal to upload tv shows to my website? Or link them on my website will it be considered warez? i know movies and games are not cool but what about TV shows
Yes, it is illegal unless you get the rights from the company to. Do not ever upload recorded TV shows without the rights, or you might end up in a lawsuit.
Dam >,< Ok thanks
It's just common knowledge now these days. If it's not yours, or if you don't have permission to upload it, don't. Any kind of video, music, or photo. Companies aren't hesitant anymore to take actions.
If it's already uploaded somewhere and they have an share code. like youtube do. you can just use that =)
Some countries do not allow even linking. You would need to seek local advice but truth is that you just plain shouldn't do it.
(2009-07-18, 11:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Some countries do not allow even linking. You would need to seek local advice but truth is that you just plain shouldn't do it.

now thats bullshit.

maybe in china or north korea. but hardly doubt it.
Lol... my main rule is this: If I have to ask if it's illegal, I don't do it. =)
Uploading: Very illegal unless you pay for rights to distribute/display the work.

Linking to: Not illegal, so long as it's a direct source that does have the rights such as Hulu, ABC, NBC, Fox, MTV, etc. etc. Embedding from Youtube is also fine, because if the material is on there illegally, the companies will go straight to Youtube and have the video pulled.
(2009-07-19, 12:24 AM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]Just use www.mangohost.info

This is not an alternative, if you upload it, then you are illegally distributing copyrighted works, and you can still get in trouble for it.
Pages: 1 2 3