MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Safari 4.02 VS FireFox 3.5.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So I've been using Firefox for almost 2 years, I love it, case and point. It's fast, regularly updated, and very reliable.

I just downloaded Safari 4.0.2, and I must say, I'm starting to lean more towards it, the more I use it. It takes almost 3 times as much RAM as FireFox (which is a con), but for some reason runs about twice as fast. (Firefox took about 140,000 K's, when Sarafi is up to about 330,000 K's.)

I've been having constant crashing problems with Firefox, well I'm not sure if ya can call it crashing, but at least once a day, it will randomly freeze up to the point where I must restart my computer, hasn't happened with Safari yet.

I don't wanna abandon FireFox since I've been with it so long, but I really wanna join the Safari bandwagon, in order to make up my mind, I need some opinions, so everyone, which one, Safari or Firefox, in your mind is the better browser?
I agree, and suggest maybe you look at Opera too.

The only thing that keeps me on FF is add-ons. Without those I probably wouldn't use FireFox. But, I now need plugins. They are just essential to my browsing at home.
i would love safari 4 if it didn't have such a screwed up caching problem for some people, including myself
Safari is ok...i have tried it once or twice. But im loyal to Firefox...my favorite browser hands down.

If you want a browser that crashes all the time...download Google Chrome...rofl.
Look into opera, it is simmilar to Safari except even faster and has far lower ram usage (mine is currently at 33,000k but is sometimes down as low as 8,000k). Add on to this that it is generally the first to adopt new standards and is currently probably the most compliant browser it is really a wonder that it isn't so much more popular.
opera doesn't render a lot of stuff which is the main reason i don't use it

scrolling is also really jumpy
lol give me one link that does not render properly, i am on opera right now and whenever i am designing almost everything renders properly first time on opera. I don't understand what you mean by jumpy scrolling either, do you have the latest version?
Yes, I do. On Mac, the scrolling via trackpad isn't as smooth as it is with Safari or Firefox. Also, a lot of CSS3 does not render with Opera yet.
Have your tried Opera 10? I believe it is currently the only browser that passes Acid 3 tests and in terms of CSS3, the current stable opera 9 release supports most of the CSS 3 elements, is there a particular property that you are refering to?

Ps. Has there always been a space in your name Brad? lol
Yes there has always been a space ...

and I have Opera 10.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/d...pera10.jpg Opera
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/d...afari4.jpg Safari
Pages: 1 2 3 4