MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha problem in member.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While several users are logging into the board in member.php, they encounter with the following error: "Please fill out the image verification code to continue the login process. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image". However there aren't any captcha section in the page as they encounter with that error. I looked up for member_login at templates, and saw "{$captcha}" code there, but it doesn't appear while the members are logging into the site, so many users cannot enter the site. I don't know whether the problem is related to member.php or templates... I hope you can help me solve this problem. I use 1.4.4 but I fixed the security patches up to 1.4.8. In the meantime I don't know whether this a bug or an error due to my modifications.
During registration, captcha appears in member.php... However several users encounter the following error during the login process. Please check the picture below: (I mean there is no cactcha section)

[Image: captcha.png]
According the member.php code this happens if you have got the login details wrong more than 3 times and if the setting allows it (the max login attempts before lock) it will (or is supposed to) display the captcha.

Have you changed any templates that may have affected this or installed any plugins that may affect this?
If it appears in the registration then it isn't going to be a problem with the actual captcha image.
FirefoX, you'll need to upgrade your MyBB software to a newer version to resolve this issue. It requires core file changes outside the security updates/changes.

I believe this was fixed in 1.4.5. Ideally, you're open to a few nasty surprises, so you really should be getting 1.4.8.
I think this error isn't due to the plugins. I reverted the templates original ones, and I changed even the theme as the default one. However the error is still... What about member.php file?
As Tomm said you need to upgrade to 1.4.8 to get this fixed. You actually need to download the files and upload them. This fix isn't part of the security fixes.
I uploaded only the member.php of 1.4.8, and it works now. Thanks for your help...
Glad you got it fixed Wink
You should really get the bug fixes too, there's a whole load of them, the manual security changes are really only meant to be temporary until you can upgrade properly... you'll just end up running into more problems if you don't get the bug fixes too...
Pages: 1 2