MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Same threatment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi i love mybb i think it's fantastic forum software so i joined in recently i love the features it has and how it was made. While i was making this thread i saw topic about discussion of payed plugins. I think mybb is really good forum it lacks plugins however. What is interesting is that you allow promotion of the hacking forum which is if you ask me and the site about security dangerous and a source of malware. The member name is Labrocca. I was thinking of buuying some plugins but due to him having hacking forum i tosed it away. I just want to ask MyBB staff one question. Why do you allow promotion of Labrocca's hacking forum which is very dangerous to general public? Because of the number of users and posts? Nah i don't think so it's the money that does the thing here. If your software supports hacking then it needs to allow other hacking forums to link and showcase. Also the hack forum of Labrocca is distributing warez, by some members sharing link to pirate software on the board.
How does MyBB support hacking in anyway? I highly doubt Labrocca hacks. Just because he owns a forum about the topic doesn't mean he does it him self. He's into network security as he manages his own servers. And, there is no better way to know your secure than knowing how people hack.

Also MyBB has no connection that site in anyway. They have no control what their script is used for.
How can MyBB allow promotion of that site in site showcase and doesn't allow other hacking site promotion that are similiar to it?
This is the question i was wondering also. Not that his plugins aren't good (which they are)even if he called me fascist but i was always afraid of security issues of any plugin made by any author.
Where is his forum advertised?
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-188...hackforums
here is the link..
other forums get deleted in showcase
Jesse Labrocca doesn't/can't hack (it even says so in his signature on hackforums lol) apart from what he has learnt through basic programming knowledge (and in fact he has discovered quite a few vulnerabilities in MyBB I believe and thanks to this they have since been patched before any one was able to take advantage of them.)

Jesse is an incredibly valuable and trustworthy member of the MyBB community so you have nothing to worry about, further more he donates a percentage (i believe it is 25%) of all his earnings through mybbcentral back to MyBB.

Admitedly if he posted hack forums in showcase now it probably would be closed but he posted it a long time ago when the rules weren't enforced as they are today.
_Tim i know what you mean but i'm not so sure when a member on that forums asks how to hack MyBB or any other forum software. Note that we have many of threads which result in people getting hacked due to phishing pages or by other method. It's okay that he reports security vulnerabilities to mybb. Heck it makes software even more secured. But im not sure that some people think the same.
So report the thread if you have a problem with it. It hasn't been posted in in almost two years.
That thread is 2 years old!
Pages: 1 2