MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: probmel with convert SMF to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi to everyone.

I am from Iran and i use mybb for my forum. I have already SMF and now i want convert it to MyBB, because SMF has many bugs and i don't like it so much. So i decided to convert it to MyBB.

I convert it easily but posts and forums aren't in UTF-8 encoding. In web for Persian language your encoding must be in UTF-8. But my forum isn't in this encoding and show the word like (???) or something this.

Please see my forum : http://arsenal.ir/redcafe/mybb/index1.php

Please help me. How can i resolve this problem ??

thanks a lot Heart
no one is here to answer this ??
Cant you just change the coding in the Control Pannel of your web host?
This will be resolved in the next release. Can you retry it then?
(2009-07-31, 08:00 PM)Pyro Stick Wrote: [ -> ]Cant you just change the coding in the Control Pannel of your web host?

Yes, I change it in CPadmin. I Convert it to UTF-8 but it doesn't change anything.

(2009-07-31, 10:54 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]This will be resolved in the next release. Can you retry it then?

Yes i can retry it , but when this next version will be released ??

Because i am in hurry. My members are waiting for me but i cant give them this forum, because they can't read the posts that they are not in UTF-8 encoding.
I have similar problem than You.

I just converted SMF 1.1.10 to MyBB 1.4.8 and characters looks really bad.

My SMF character set is utf8 , and i've choosed UTF8 in MyBB Merge System too.

Effect:
¶ - ś
³ - ł
etc.

Bad chars are in database.

Can You give me some advice or something?
Same here!

Seems like something is wrong with the DB connection, its charset isn't UTF8 probably (I'm almost sure), no idea where this should be done, somewhere in /inc of MyBB or ?
UPDATE: Used revision 4321 from http://dev.mybboard.net/projects/mybb-import/repository , nothing happened, still getting ??? ? ? ????.

I also found something kinda related, if you enter a UTF8 name during the MyBB installation, you'll get the ASCII version in the DB, though it works in the theme, but it doesn't show UTF8 in either DB or AdminCP until you reenter the UTF8 name through the AdminCP; It'll make both DB and AdminCP show the UTF8 without any trouble.
You need to un-check that "Use UTF-8 Conversion" checkbox in the database configuration page on the latest revision.
Hi Ryan,

Sure I did. I also actually disabled that function manually much earlier but nothing happened.

I suspect there's something wrong with the DB connection as at the MyBB installation it puts ASCII to the DB; If it connects through that 'connect' function at mysqli.php (or mysql.php) under /inc then it should be all UTF8, hmm..

PS: You can copy\paste this to see what I mean: گفتار نیک، پندار نیک، کردار نیک
Pages: 1 2