MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Master Emerald - Sonic Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: r7noza.jpg]

Master Emerald is the newest MyBB community where all Sonic fans can come together and talk about their passion for Sega's most popular series.

Master Emerald Link

For now, it may look pretty empty, but I'm really hoping that it'll turn around in the near future. Smile I made the banner, btw.
Uncustomized theme, save for the logo, and no content. What are we supposed to say ...
Well, honestly, I was kinda hoping to get some tips on how to make it attract users and the like. Is it a bit too early to make a thread?
Some content would go a long way towards attracting users.
I'd ignore the un-customized theme babble, not everyone is a FREAKING graphic design artist here (rolling eyes)...

I think your forum looks good but one thing, have fewer boards. Fewer boards with more posts will make your forum look more active, trust me Smile Then as you grow, add more boards if you choose too Big Grin
(2009-08-02, 06:53 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]I'd ignore the un-customized theme babble, not everyone is a FREAKING graphic design artist here (rolling eyes)...

It has less to do with design ability and more to do with the fact that no effort was taken to customize this theme at all before being pushed online. People are in such a rush to get their site "live" that they don't take the time to make sure it's ready.
I think there was plenty of effort. They were not using the default theme and logo, they had a forum structure, they have a domain, plenty of stuff to review besides a theme being customized LOL

Good Lord
Is there really? There are 0 posts in the Sonic discussion forums. Imagine going to my site and the Beyblade discussion forums were empty ...
Brad,

I don't think these people want a review on how many posts they have. I think they want to know how their forum looks. And forum review boards helps get more members, get more posts and get a better going community.

There is no reason to be so negative to everyone like you seem to do all the time, lol. That is all I am going to say on this deal. I spoke my mind and now I am going to keep making positive comments on threads where some poor Joe just wants people to tell them how their site is coming along but gets a very negative review...

Tata
(2009-08-02, 07:30 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think these people want a review on how many posts they have. I think they want to know how their forum looks.

It looks like Afresh with a different logo and different on/off images.

Is that better? Isn't it easier for you to say nice things about nothing in particular than it is for people to be honest?

Too many people are opening boards and expecting their members will make all of the content for them. There's nothing to discuss on this board. There's no customization to the theme, really. It's impossible to leave any positive comments because there is almost nothing there.

People here are always trying to start stuff with me because I actually leave honest comments in the Showcase instead of just posting, "Hey, looks great!" in every thread. You could always make the case that not everyone takes running a website that seriously, and yeah that's totally true and fine, but posting your board here is going to attract the attention of people who do take their sites seriously and who are going to leave serious comments. If you have that much of a problem with my comments, feel free to put me on ignore.

As I've said over and over again, and proved over and over again, I will give constructive criticism if there is something to build on. There's nothing here yet.
Pages: 1 2