MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ipower?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Anybody use them as their webhost? I've heard terrible things about them, but my experience with them so far has been superb. Their Control panel has all the features of Cpanel, plus I got some goodies for signing up (free domain, adwords voucher, ect.) Customer service was fast setting up my site and everything, but it just seems like I'm the only one who hasn't experienced problems with them. Maybe I'm lucky....maybe?
I haven't actually heard of them tho, I will have to look into them =D
THey have ben around since 2001.

Quote:IPOWER, Inc., founded in October 2001, provides Web hosting and online services for small and medium-sized businesses worldwide looking to build, manage, promote and profit from an online presence. The company also offers domain registration, e-commerce tools, merchant services, application hosting, online marketing, site optimization services and Web site design. IPOWER includes more than 700,000 customer accounts in over 100 countries, in its business roster.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=488533
i've never heard anything good
Yuck. I would never use a big host Toungue just use a small one, you know at least they won't oversell....
look for some in the web host directories...
Smaller hosts are quicker to oversell than bigger ones because their network size is much smaller.
(2009-08-03, 04:26 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Smaller hosts are quicker to oversell than bigger ones because their network size is much smaller.

My words exactly. Less resources for expanding there servers as well. Most small hosts are simple resellers through the big box hosting companies anyways.

Small or large, research is the only way to find out who cares to do business properly and provide suitable services for it's customers needs and money.
Quote:Small or large, research is the only way to find out who cares to do business properly and provide suitable services for it's customers needs and money.

Perfectly stated. Anyways... Justhost.com is a really big one, the reviews say it's 1/10. Same with Ipower. My point was, just find a host nobody knows about.... one with good managment, and maybe your friends host (If he has one Toungue) But, the problem with those, is without a source of income, they tend to close. So, idk. Big or small... Just do some research.
I have a small host that doesn't oversell Big Grin I'm never leaving.
(2009-08-03, 04:50 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I have a small host that doesn't oversell Big Grin I'm never leaving.

I've heard great things about Softlayer's data center.
Pages: 1 2 3 4