MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts attached to warnings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If you warn a user via the warn button in the postbit, that post is attached to the warning, there's a link to it in the warning details. However, if this post is deleted, that link is obviously lost, and the post could be needed for reference; another staff member may delete the post, not realising it's linked to a warning. If there was a message when trying to delete a post that has a warning attached to it, it would stop it. I think that's happened here a few times, a post has been unapproved, a warning was given for it, then the post is deleted and the reference in the warning details is lost.
Just quote the post in the warning reason. That's what I try to do if it involves a post.
(2009-08-05, 12:58 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Just quote the post in the warning reason. That's what I try to do if it involves a post.

This is convoluting functionality. If warnings are attached to posts, it stands to reason that the post should automatically be protected.

Maybe make the warning system display a quote of the post?
No he means when you visit the post you should see that a warning was issued for it.

This is handy imho and I have considering busting out this as a plugin. Maybe you can suggest it for 2.0.
Yeah, maybe turn the warn button red, like the multiquote button, just so you can see it's linked with a warning. Maybe also have it link to the warning details too.
If the post is quoted in the warning I don't see why you still need to keep the post. Undecided
Because it isn't quoted in the warning, that's the whole point. The way the warn button works is if you press it, the post you pressed it in is linked to the details for the warning, so you can see what they were actually warned for. But, if you then delete that post, the reference has gone, so you can't see what they were warned for. The whole point of having the post linked to the warning is so that you don't need to copy and paste the post into the warning details; what if it's a 2000 character post?? I never quote the post in the warning, because the warning details have a link to the post that warranted the warning, which is making proper use of the feature.
I am aware of that o.O
Well then I'm not sure why you don't see it necessary to keep the post... if it's deleted, you've no reference to it...
Mainly because quoting it accomplishes the same thing. Just a personal preference.
Pages: 1 2