MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows programmer anywhere?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I wonder if there is any windows programmer here that could develop a small application?

I'd love to see a MyBB plugin developer tool, a small tool where you can enter some information and it'll build the mainframe of your plugin.

I think this would be useful for all plugin authors since it saves some time.

Example:
Enter plugin info, description, website etc. and the windows tool will generate a .php file that contains the following:
function plugin_info() {
	return array(
		'name'			=> 'Plugin Name',
		'description'	=> 'Plugin description',
		'website'		=> 'website',
		'author'		=> 'author',
		'authorsite'	=> 'authorsite',
		'version'		=> 'version'
	);
}

You could extend that to do simple activation routines with it (no more acidently misspelling in templates) or for settings.

This could even help noobs who just would have to fill in what they'd like to and lateron only write some php code in the real plugin function.

I do not request this for myself but in general, I'll not pay anything for it Wink
I just thought it'd be a good idea - so if any C++ freak or just somebody who knows a bit of windows applications could jump in it'd be fine.

I can of course help with the content of the Php files (how a template edit has to look like and so on).

I could probably do this in Php too but I think a simple EXE would be better.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be way easier to just build it out of PHP and run it locally or on a website? I mean, a plugin to create a plugin? ._.

Edit: Ferk.
Well, for me it's okay, I do work with WordPad without syntax highlightning, I do work with Php only at the moment and so on.

But especially for noobs they'd have to first set up a php application inside MyBB or anything and then go through.
You'd also have a lot of forms and submissions and once it's web based you do need some sort of security for it...

So I thought a windows application would be better.
What about us linux boys Toungue
I think there was a linux development environment for MyBB plugins once...

But I'd prefer Windows - usually working with my Win XP and won't change that - working on my linux roots is horrible Toungue
Well what i am saying is people here run many different things. So an app would be good, but only if it was multi platform.
You need the code or the exe?

In Visual Basic?
Vb would work.
For this, you would only need a VB (.net) application, which isn't very hard. I would do it, but my time is limited and I don't have VB anymore.
To be honest - I'm not good at all at have no idea if a .net could work.

Going to learn C++ or Java next year but at the moment my only focus is web programming, Php, MySQL, JS, AJAX.

I know how to use an EXE - that's all Wink

Would be great if somebody has the time to do so - if not I'll probably do it in Php but I'd dislike it somehow...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7