MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: post MS Excel into MyBB thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all, I have looked around the site with no real solution. I am needing to copy and paste an Excel spreadsheet into my threads and hold the formatting. Reason is this club I am in keeps track of all tournaments via MS Excel and I would like to post those results without having to type it all out.

Any help and suggestions will be wonderful. Thanks in advance Big Grin
attach it?
but i want the text there so, for the less computer savy people in the club, they don't have to have MS Excel.

forum post

This is what i have done so far, so you can see what im getting and what i would like. I would love to get the same spacing and formatting from the excel file to the post.
You could use Google Docs. Or, make MyCodes for different table elements and manually make the table, might be a bit time consuming though.
(2009-08-07, 11:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You could use Google Docs. Or, make MyCodes for different table elements and manually make the table, might be a bit time consuming though.

Thanks, looking into google docs now. Still open to other idea obviously
WYSIWYG editor might help, but that would ultimately depend on how the browser works as it handles any clipboard interpretation.
Doesn't excel allow you to export it as HTML? I know you can do that in OpenOffice Calc.

Then just allow HTML in that forum.
(2009-08-09, 12:06 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't excel allow you to export it as HTML? I know you can do that in OpenOffice Calc.

Then just allow HTML in that forum.

Going to Re-DL Open Office and try that. Also going to look into the other editor. I know i use that editor in the Joomla site and it works out so lets hope. Now to just find the Mybb mod/plugin for it.
Also anyone that doesn't have excel you can tell to use OO.
OO is a good idea. Excels' (so called) html is very ugly code, and might only work with IE.
Here is a small sample: (edit: Excel 2003 produced horrible "html" which only worked in IE; In Excel 2007 I can't even find the option)

Oh wait...
Here:

This is free and will export decent looking html from Excel, instead of ugly ms proprietary junk.
http://www.asap-utilities.com/
Pages: 1 2