MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email on registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have set the "Email on Registration" under Configuration, Settings to On, Yes and have entered the correct email address for it to be sent to. However, it doesn't work at all whenever anyone registers correctly (and successfully) - what can I check to make this feature work again?

Is there any settings I need to check from my ISP to make this feature work?
[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
I am having the same issue but I am using SMTP and I looked over the "Help:Mail" topic that was posted in the above thread but there is nothing in there regarding SMTP.........do you have a help section for SMTP????
Thank you for your response - I have followed the Help:Mail procedures. It is not in the Junk Email filter, I have checked with my ISP and they have no restrictions at all on PHP mail and I have tested the PHP mail as suggested and it works absolutely fine. Because this works, it kind of rules out all issues bar one with my actual forum as I still receive no notification on new registration.

Any more ideas?
Does the mass mail feature work?
AdminCP --> Users & Groups --> Mass Mail
No, doesn't work either. Mass mails just sit there in the Mass Mail Queue with a status of "Queued".

As I say though, direct PHP mail sent on my site from the uploaded test mailer worked fine so it would appear to be something with the forum
My mistake - it eventually did deliver through about 10 minutes after submission so yes, this feature appears to be working (but emails on registration still don't send out)
The mass mail feature runs as a task (run every 20 minutes IIRC). Have you tried registering with a different email (perhaps through a different provider) does the activation email go through then?
I have attempted to register with a different email address and it still doesn't notify the specified administration email address when submitted.
Ok could you please have a look at your system mail log in your AdminCP (Tools & Maintenance --> System Mail Log)
The "system email log" is completely empty even with no filters applied. Is this something that needs to be enabled or should it be keeping a log of all emails by default?
Pages: 1 2 3