MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload Signature Image
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is an option to upload an image as your profile avatar so why not the same for a signature image?
Don't think so. How would we use bbcode? Like [img]C:/images/lolipops/[/img] dunno if that's actually possible. And after uploading it we have to be able to still edit the signature..
It is default on some forum softwares as I recall.

The uploaded image would replace a special BBCode tag. For example [sig] would be replaced with the image.

It saves hotlinking.
Would help if the hotlinked site is down or something, pages stall when it's having trouble loading an external image...
maybe you´re turning your forum into a imageshack.us alternative to some users, that´s not good
Undecided I see what your saying but I says no.
Nice idea for a plugin but imo it shouldn't be in the core.
This is actually a very nice idea
Most ideas are nice. But imo you should balance pros and cons to be a plugin or a core feature!
(2009-08-18, 09:48 AM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]maybe you´re turning your forum into a imageshack.us alternative to some users, that´s not good
I doubt it. Signature images would need specific dimensions, as they always have, to fit properly on the forum pages.

(2009-08-18, 09:55 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Nice idea for a plugin but imo it shouldn't be in the core.
Why don't you think so?

This is much quicker than hotlinking, since you would need to login to an external site, upload it, copy and paste the URL, open the edit sig page and use the [img] tags.
Pages: 1 2