MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member status updates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-08-25, 03:38 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear... Why did you tell us?

Because the Core has almost finished testing, and is ready for public release?... Toungue

If I was being really nice, I'd give you a screenshot. But I'm not being nice today. Shy
So you were being a naughty boy? (jks jks)

Well i hope so, you said that about MyTacker, and looked how that turned out..
Any updates on this?
Nope. Still on the way. I've been too busy at work to finish off the last few bugs that are hanging around...
Let Matt have a go after, he found a bunch in MyT remember?
He's first on my list to give it a whirl... Shy
OMG i am so excited to see the beta i will help beta test it i love testing mate do it for loads of things.
Its going to be on Xekko soon. Toungue
I think you could do status updates with Custom Profile Fields. There is a tutorial on adding stuff to the postbit and he posted a code that can be used to display Custom Profile Field information (Such as the Bio field) in the postbit.
As for making a block in the portal to show the 5-10 most recent status updates, you would probably need some sort of plugin or PHP code. And I cant help with that Toungue
Yeah, it could be something like a custom profile field, but I want it to be just like the one in the link I pointed out earlier: users can update their status (i.e. their custom profile field) from the index page's sidebar and then underneath it will show the 10 most recent status updates. I'm not necessarily looking to add it to the postbit (which is quite simple).
Pages: 1 2 3