MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hosting free MyBB Boards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, I have a 6 GB RAM, which is really good, and I can offer the hosting 24/7. I use Xampp to host forums.
I do not use a website like cPanel for hosting MyBB or any other forum.

I am good at adding mods, and I will only add the mods that you want me to add, and I can help you around the forums, if you're a newbie.

I'm a very good administrator.

I will not buy the domain for you

I'm a good hoster, and a member, and an advertiser.
I also know where to get the right kind of staff, unless you would like to recruit the staff, instead of having me do it.

I can add the forums too..

PM me if you would like me to host your MyBB Forums!

Thanks,
R3ignlasting
You didn't mention anything about your server or data center. If you're offering hosting I would suggest mentioning some details relating to your offer.
Well I use PhpMyAdmin as the database, I use Xampp to put the forums into the htdocs.
So your hosting this on your own computer then? Does your ISP allow it?
(2009-08-25, 04:05 AM)Josh G Wrote: [ -> ]So your hosting this on your own computer then? Does your ISP allow it?

Yes.

I've worked out everything completely.

And I host with a separate computer, and I use another one for really what I want too.
What kind of speeds, redundancy, security, and control panel are you offering? What guarantees does somebody have that you won't steal their data when their site gets active and starts earning income? What will you do if your power or internet goes out or your ISP's legal department has your computers confiscated for a DCMA violation?
I think you can better buy web hosting than hosting your website on a home computer due to speed and security.
(2009-08-25, 04:58 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can better buy web hosting than hosting your website on a home computer due to speed and security.

Yes, that's true, but if anything really ever happens to the database because of a DDoS, or a hacker, I'll rewind it back, and it will be like nothing happened.

I save my databases, as backup files, and I keep them updating as long as there are no security risks.
Have you ever read xampp's philosophy?

Quote:The default configuration is not good from a securtiy point of view and it's not secure enough for a production environment - please don't use XAMPP in such environment.
I'm interested to see your response to my post.
Pages: 1 2