MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To all MyBB Forum Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-09-02, 09:44 PM)Hero Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure under their license you are unable to distribute the plug-ins without approval of the author.

hmm i think i already say it before if not sorry

but i will not distribue The plugins!!

i only will put the .lang file
and some strings from .php file (usually 1 or 2 lines of code)
no thing more
to download the plugin you will have a link to access to dev website
Yes, but you're re-distributing the author's work. You must get approval.
(2009-09-02, 09:58 PM)Hero Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but you're re-distributing the author's work. You must get approval.

and i will, if not i will not put it Smile
Hi, glas this chonghua aka me! Big Grin lol I'm here to check.. and try to be a part of your community soon Big Grin
Thanks Big Grin
now that i have ftp access i will start into forum modifications and improvements
what's the incentive of being a member there? Big Grin lol
try to edit your global.css for the subscribe toplinks.. do class tag.. not embedding the images in your template.. Toungue
(2009-09-03, 03:04 AM)AndrewPH Wrote: [ -> ]what's the incentive of being a member there? Big Grin lol
try to edit your global.css for the subscribe toplinks.. do class tag.. not embedding the images in your template.. Toungue

The incentive?

Maybe help the cause of a common place for mybb plugin translations

it's to help mybb cause
it's useless that all plugins translations were scattered in 5-8 different forums

oh WOW and you can collect my ps lol
(2009-09-03, 03:10 AM)glas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-03, 03:04 AM)AndrewPH Wrote: [ -> ]what's the incentive of being a member there? Big Grin lol
oh WOW and you can collect my ps lol

what do you mean by that? Smile
It's good to have support in more languages for plugins (something we're lacking now). But in all honestly, I think it would be much better if you taught people how to translate their stuff. It's so so so easy with MyBB, that anyone can do it. If they don't know english enough, an online translator can make the trick perfectly with such small lines to translate. That way, you won't have problems with plugin authors, and to get more activity on your board you can provide an extended support, without re-distributing the code partially or completely.
(2009-09-03, 05:15 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]It's good to have support in more languages for plugins (something we're lacking now). But in all honestly, I think it would be much better if you taught people how to translate their stuff. It's so so so easy with MyBB, that anyone can do it. If they don't know english enough, an online translator can make the trick perfectly with such small lines to translate. That way, you won't have problems with plugin authors, and to get more activity on your board you can provide an extended support, without re-distributing the code partially or completely.

I will Smile
i will try to make translation tutorial in every language possible but i cannot do it alone
with job, collegue, my other forums, gf i have quite little time to help into the forums
(2009-09-03, 03:04 AM)AndrewPH Wrote: [ -> ]try to edit your global.css for the subscribe toplinks.. do class tag.. not embedding the images in your template.. Toungue

i will someday, im newbie at php and im just inside mybb world 1 month ago
so i will appreciate any help possible
Pages: 1 2 3 4