MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot Import Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
MyBB is my favorite forum software, but I think I'm doing something wrong. I will download the theme, then go to the admin CP and click import theme. Then when it asks what file to import I click on the .XML file that comes with the theme. After I click OK it says it cannot find the theme? I've tried it with multiple files but it still comes up as the same. Am I doing something wrong? Here's a screenshot of the exact error. Thanks

[Image: szhxndxksmmwsd.png]
during importing themes make it sure that u have check the box of ignore version compatibility...
(2009-09-06, 04:59 AM)cobarde Wrote: [ -> ]during importing themes make it sure that u have check the box of ignore version compatibility...

Just tried that, still no luck..
Are the file permissions for all folder set correctly?
Make sure ./uploads is CHMOD'ed to 777. Also check that ./cache and ./cache/themes are CHMOD'ed to 777.
Have you tired uploading the file to your server and giving the URL to it instead?? Try that, see if that works.
(2009-09-06, 09:19 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./uploads is CHMOD'ed to 777. Also check that ./cache and ./cache/themes are CHMOD'ed to 777.

Yes they are all CHMOD'ed to 777.

(2009-09-06, 09:53 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tired uploading the file to your server and giving the URL to it instead?? Try that, see if that works.

No, I haven't. I'll try that.

It says that it couldn't upload the local file after I uploaded it and put the URL to it in.
After you download the theme, it should come in a .zip. Make sure you un-zip'd the file on your computer and only upload the .xml file.
(2009-09-06, 10:45 PM)Chase Wrote: [ -> ]After you download the theme, it should come in a .zip. Make sure you un-zip'd the file on your computer and only upload the .xml file.

Yes, I unzipped it and did the .xml.
Hmm... try downloading the theme again, maybe it's corrupted, and if that doesn't work, upload the .xml here so we can check it out (make sure uploading it here wouldn't be breaking the licence though).
Pages: 1 2 3 4