MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Realize" theme preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey I've been working on a new theme over the past day. I was hoping you guys could give me some suggestions, especially around the header area. I'm trying to learn some javascript too, so if anyone has suggestions for a cool javascript feature please share. Smile

The working title for this theme is "Realize". It takes elements from a number of different sources including WordPress, Justin's Afresh theme, this website, my personal website and previous themes.

It uses special webkit and mozilla CSS to draw the rounded corners and drop shadows, so they'll show up in Safari, Chrome and Firefox. It degrades nicely in IE.

Also I don't know if anyone is familiar with the HTML based buttons I use in my other themes, like Aardvark, but are they working? I just like them because they're easier to translate and are more flexible for rollovers etc. Should I go that route or just make some buttons in photoshop?

Edit: I guess I should mention that the header background is totally customizable, and I could even make it rotate through images in a folder like N.Design does.
very good, i find for a theme simple, clean, not so bright, and this it seems nice for me ^^
my opinion, i dont like so much a search bar in header image, but this is my opinion.
Yeah I have to agree with you there. Does this look better? (I think having the search somewhere is useful)
Nice and clean.
I honestly prefered the searchbar over the header image! I looked cool there, but wouldn't you have aliasing problems in some browsers?

BTW, very clean and fresh design Big Grin
(2009-09-08, 04:43 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly prefered the searchbar over the header image! I looked cool there, but wouldn't you have aliasing problems in some browsers?

BTW, very clean and fresh design Big Grin
Yeah I would be kind of worried about that, and also that the box might interfere with some people's banners (I'm assuming some will want something other than a duck Toungue)

Also - I released the theme on my website, I'll make a release thread and put it up on the mod site soon. http://quacktacular.net/2009/09/realize-for-mybb/
I dont like the full Black of the menu on top make it light black (dark grey) also change the header image Big Grin
(2009-09-14, 12:28 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I dont like the full Black of the menu on top make it light black (dark grey) also change the header image Big Grin
Nice suggestions, but I think the dark header section gives the header some much-needed weight. And people can easily replace the duck. Big Grin
hi great theme.... nice n clean ... now i want to do a small modification ... i want it to be as low fi (low bandwidth as possible ) .... i removed the header image... no i want the background to be white ... not the dark grey ... and i want to place a 428 * 60 ad in the box there ... where should i place the ad code ?????
You need to edit your .middle_panel clasa in the theme editor. Change the background line to "background: white;"

I'm not sure about the Ad. Because of the way the title text is inserted its a little difficult to think off the top of my head. You probably will want to make a new floated div (float: right; ) and place the code in there. I think over that a little more..
Pages: 1 2