MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking to migrate from Outlook to web based e-mail.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just figured that people using a free forum script would have more knowledge of free e-mail also. Big Grin
(2009-09-15, 08:37 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you mean forwarders? Forwarders just take a copy of the e-mail and send it to the new e-mail address, if you reply from the new e-mail address it will be sent from that e-mail address and not the original e-mail address it was sent to. Wink

I knew that :p

I thought you meant that the emails would be sent from the forwarder email.... Shy
(2009-09-16, 06:24 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I just figured that people using a free forum script would have more knowledge of free e-mail also. Big Grin

Ya, I'm sure we all use free emails but not the way your doing it Toungue.
You could use Horde, but i don't like it. Best is sadly, use the Office web based. You will need an Windows server to do it right though...
I'd need a Windows server + Exchange license. Plus it is slow and doesn't work with POP3 nor do rules/filters work the same as with the desktop client so the Outlook web based is out of the question. Sad
Well then i'm sorry sir, Gmail is the only decent option.
How can Gmail be an option when it doesn't offer what I'm looking for?
I still think gmx.com is your best I just don't know if allows you to send from the alais's. I know you can get emails from a lot services and just general pop3.
I was actually looking at gmx.com and it does look promising. I'll sign-up when I get home and check it out. Big Grin
They also seem pretty open to ideas so you may even want to make a suggestion Wink.
Pages: 1 2 3