MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All icons in mybb forums are missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello All,

I installed mybb 1.4 on my website. everything works great at the beginning. However, couple of days later. i found all the icons are missing on my forums both front end and back end. I need help please, and i could not figured out what was the problem. thank you very much

here is the forums link:

my forums
re-upload them
What's the ./images/ folder and the images inside CHMOD to??
(2009-09-16, 06:48 PM)x Raven x Wrote: [ -> ]re-upload them

would you mind give more a detail instructions on this. i am very confused at this point.
Reuploading won't fix it. They're not working because it gives a 403 error when you try and access them, hence me saying to check the CHMOD settings.
well... you downloaded mybb 1.4.8? Yes?
So you should have uploaded all of the files, reupload everything in the Image folder, overwriting old files of necessary.

Oh okay then, CHMOD the /images folder and sub-folders in it to 777
(2009-09-16, 06:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What's the ./images/ folder and the images inside CHMOD to??

/public_html/forums/images is set to 755.

inside of images directories.. mostly are 755 and 644.
Make sure they are all 777
i changed the images folders and subfolders under ./forums/images to 777.

and it is still not working and even worse right now.. all icons are not exist at all... HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
777 isn't necessary, you're not writing anything to them or executing from them, 644 is fine for image files and 777 may actually cause this error on some hosts.

Make sure all the images are set to 644, and if it still doesn't work then, ask your host if they know anything... as you said it's happening in more than one place, if the CHMODs are OK, maybe they've changed a server setting or something.
Pages: 1 2