MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme doesn't export properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So the thing is, I exported a theme because I wanted to use it in another forum. I did but when I tried to import it, it returned me an error. It says it could be corrupted or the file didn't exist.

Quote:The following errors were encountered:

* MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt.

I did try to import the exported theme in the exact same forum I exported it, but it doesn't work as well. Any thoughts on this? I really can't see what's wrong. I'm running 1.4.8.
Have you checked the actual file for any noticeable problems?
Dunno what to check. But one thing which is actually pretty weird is the file's code in Notepad++ (which is messed up) but then in Notepad it works perfectly. But I guess it has nothing to do with the export problem, because yesterday I was editing some CSS files using Notepad++ and the code was also messed up (I still uploaded it to my server and it works), then today I checked the CSS file I was editing yesterday using Notepad, and it's not messed up. But anyways, here's a screenshot with both Notepad and Notepad++.

Oh and regardless of the Notepad++ weird problem, in Notepad it looks fine. No strange code at all.
I think the problem here is that Notepad is not a proper programming tool. Notepad++, etc. is.

What appears to be messed up is actually what is in the file. Notepad puts all those strange symbols and characters there. You will have to remove them with Notepad++ and try again, as far as I know.
My problem isn't all that weird chars. and stuff in the code. I tried to open another xml file from another theme and I also get those thingies. So I guess it's really something weird in the xml file besides those chars.
I'm having the same problem. I'm using the DarkOrange theme, with some personal modifications, and when I export the theme then try to import 2 seconds later as test theme i get the same error
The following errors were encountered:

MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt. 

Any1 with any ideas?
Check the file ends with </theme>
This is the filename that's exported
MK Dons v1 (Orange_Black)-theme.xml
Sorry, I mean at the end of the code in the file itself, should end with a </theme> tag.
Strange, this is what's showing at the end of the file
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top">
{$announcements}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>]]></template>
	</templates>
<
This error message also happens when exporting the 'Default' theme and try re-importing under a new name.
Pages: 1 2