MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nobody can enter my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I dont know why nobody can enter my forum. I can only open my forum by typing 127.0.0.1 Tell me please how to let everybody to browse my forum

Regards,
Because 127.0.0.1 is the address of a user's own computer... you can't host your forum on your localhost and have everybody else access it. You need a host: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-30827.html
So it is impossible to run it on my PC?
It's not impossible but you need to really know what you're doing, and know exactly how everything works, how to secure it, etc. You can find a free host in that thread.
But I really would like to run it on my PC, just to improve my skills. I dont care that somebody may hack me. Please tell me what am I supposed to do? I wanna let my friends to browse my forum.
Well, if you didn't know that 127.0.0.1 is the address of a user's own computer I don't think you're anywhere near ready to host a forum on your computer, it wouldn't be 'improving' skills I don't think. If you use a free host you're going to save yourself a lot of bother, trust me, other people will give the same advice.
Ok, thank you. At last I recieved some good answers Smile
Same advice

if you still with that crazy idea use no-ip.org software
(2009-09-23, 08:39 PM)glas Wrote: [ -> ]Same advice

I tried, doesnt work... Cant find a website.
(2009-09-23, 08:41 PM)Koxiarz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-09-23, 08:39 PM)glas Wrote: [ -> ]Same advice

I tried, doesnt work... Cant find a website.

if you put 127.0.0.1 of course it will not work

you must redirect your external ip (lurk moar on whatsmyip.com)
with the software
Pages: 1 2 3