MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Starting with free host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello

Is it a good idea to start with a free host and when we have enough money change to a paid host (12 Euro a year)? I know it sounds greedy but I don't have a iDeal account yet.

Thanks
Completely misunderstood, ignore.
I quite like this analogy that Bey Brad posted:

Quote:A man walked into an interview for a job at a bank wearing a dirty t-shirt and blue jeans covered in paint. The manager, shocked, said, "What ... why are you wearing that to this interview!?"

The man replied, "Oh, I don't want to invest in a suit unless I know I will get the job."

"the best way to achieve success is to act like you're already successful"

Basically, start off as you wish to continue. That's my opinion.
Yes, start off with free host. BUT, if you are hosting a site which is important, better go with a paid host. Reason why is because when you want to upgrade or maybe the host got problem, you have less chances of getting your files back and most of the time free host will charge you for backups.
(2009-09-27, 06:47 PM)nyunyu Wrote: [ -> ]Reason why is because when you want to upgrade or maybe the host got problem, you have less chances of getting your files back and most of the time free host will charge you for backups.

There are plenty of free hosts that give you full FTP etc access... Undecided
Hmm, lol I found a good host only €5.01 (with BTW). but I don't have Paypal Sad. However I think BB is right.... Is it also true that co.cc are now for free forever? Not just for one year?
Yea Co.CC only free for a year. Buy a domain and buy a hostgater account. a little more, but they are almost always up.
Are you sure? http://www.co.cc/ if you use it for commercial use you need to pay $3 for a renewal but if you just use if for personal use you don't need to pay Smile. So if is free for more then a year or not Toungue?
Define commerical. I had ads on my site and they it was commercial. >_> Twas very annoying since the ads were from my host a long time back...
hosting24.com Very good hosting for $5.00 a month. + A FREE Domain.
Pages: 1 2 3