MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System Cleanup Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is the error:
H-SPHERE
Error 500: Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

The problem is on the server side, not with your browser or the address. Most probably, a certain service (e.g., Tomcat engine) is down. Please contact your webmaster.

This is on www.ixwebhosting.com, using ANY of the import modules. So it is a server issue, but the error doesn't give any details on whats missing. Any help appreciated.
It's a server issue. There's nothing we can tell you Toungue.
lol, obviously, but no suggestions as to WHAT service may be missing? Smile
500 errors can be caused by a number of things. Ask your host to look at the logs to see if they see anything.
(2009-09-30, 11:00 PM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]lol, obviously, but no suggestions as to WHAT service may be missing? Smile

Well, as it doesn't say in the error, not sure how we'd know either Smile Maybe they're blocking something that's needed for the merge system to be run.
Can anyone give me a full list of the requirements for the Merge System so I know what to turn on? We have pretty good access to setting our own services and such. I looked in the wiki, but all it says for requirements is MyBB 1.4.x... not he server side services. So perhaps that should get added to the wiki. I'll see if we have access to the logs (its someone elses account, I'm just helping being more knowledgable). Thanks guys.
To my knowledge nothing more than what's needed to run mybb.
We have had thousands of successful conversions with the Merge system on many server setups. The Merge System should take no more then what is required to run MyBB. If there are other issues then there needs to be more information provided on the exact error (can be found in logs; ask host) or otherwise an issue with your current setup.
Ok, heres the server log entry for the error (we have access to our own logs to I just reproduced and grabbed it myself):
[Thu Oct  1 10:28:49 2009] [error] [client 76.249.1.246] malformed header from script. Bad header=index.php?action=completed: /hsphere/local/home/usernameremoved/wandaspetworld.com/cgi-bin/php5-custom-ini.cgi

Theres also the same error pre custom php.ini (which is what the cgi call loads) and I've triple checked the php.ini we've started using and its perfectly OK.
Try removing the php.ini file and running the system again. (And then re-up the php.ini after you run it)
Pages: 1 2 3