MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Infractions/Warnings and other features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
first of all i agree that vbulletin is great but so is mybb but the thing is if it has a post to forum thread for warnings like vbulletin that would be cool cause i think it needs to be added on as a feature and also recent posts just like otaku studios! with the chat box it sends a message to who posted threads and who got infractions! that would be great cheers!

-jero2006
I would like the MyBB warning system have an automatic PM sent out with an optional comment, so that warnings aren't missed. I wouldn't mind a thread posted either, useful features imo.
i agree scoutie im happy if that ever is developed
You can already send a PM, all you need to do is tick a box and type a message...
(2009-10-10, 11:29 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can already send a PM, all you need to do is tick a box and type a message...

I know that, but vBulletin makes it much easier. It sends a PM regardless, and you just have the option to add a comment or not.
All you have to do is tick a box, I'm not really sure how that isn't easy enough Undecided What if you don't want to send a PM??
You seem to be missing the 'automatic' part, Matt..
Yes, what if people don't want a PM to be sent?? Giving people the option is better than always sending one out. If they don't want to send one, it won't, if they do, all they do is tick a box. Why remove the option to not send one??
I see your point, however I feel it's a better practice if you are required to send a PM and make it known to the user, rather than not, and also so you can avoid any misunderstandings.

I just prefer the system to send one anyways, with your comment being optional, not the whole thing.
Right, well if you want to do that, you can, but I'm not sure why we should completely remove the option to not send one because you want to always send one. Put it this way, currently, everybody's happy as they can choose to send one if they want to, but if we change it, people who always send one will be fine, but people who don't want to always send one won't like it. We go from everyone being catered for to some people being forced to send a PM they may not want to send. It doesn't make any sense to change something like this for that reason. What would the people who don't always want to send a PM do, then?? If the option was removed I'd bet you any money people would ask how they could choose not to send one.
Pages: 1 2