MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minimum posts to view forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-10-17, 06:04 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]You can do this with MyBB promotion system.

How can I do this with promotion system? I'm creating new group promotion, the minimum posts required to be in this group is 50, for example, this promotion is for Registered group, by when I create a forum, how should I insert those requirements, that only users with 50+ posts will see this forum?

Tried to use "Use user group permissions or inherit permissions from parent forums " but it doesn't work, permissions are changing then to all, vote pols, post threads etc...
I think you should choose "Use custom permissions (below)".
But then those permissions are for Registered I think, and the group promotion doesn't affect that:/

If it's possible, can you tell me, step by step, how it should be done, that forum can be viewed only for users with 50 posts or more? Those users would have permission to download attachments, etc...
You need to set the permission for each user group for that forum's permission. Edit the permission for registered group, make them can't view the forum. Edit your new user group permission. Make the group can view, make a thread and etc in the forum.

It will make your registered user group can't see the forum, but your new user group can see it.

Don't forget to choose "Use custom permissions (below)" if you want to edit the permission in "Advance Mode".
I've mande everything as you told me, but don't know why users are not promoted to the new group. I made a group promotion towards users post count (50+), but when I made a test user wit 55 posts, he didn't see the forum, and he should be in the "download" group (promotion from registered group).

Permissions are set ok, registered can't see the forum, but download can. I think (maybe I'm weird) that after 50 posts the user should automatically be promoted to the "download" group but he's not:/, he's still in registered.

Please helpSmile
Have you tried manually running the promotion task by clicking the little alarm clock image next to the promotion task in the task manager??
Done it, but nothing happened. This is the "Download" user group:

[Image: 92706467.jpg]

This is group promotion:

[Image: 28621639.jpg]

I don't know what i do wrong. (please forgive me my english)
Well you've set it up to need 100 posts, not 50... Undecided
Yes, but made my test user to have 500.... and still nothing, i just made those 50 for an example
Not a very clear explanation of the problem then... Shy

Are you sure that promotion is enabled??
Pages: 1 2 3