MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minimum posts to view forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, I clicked the task manager even a few times....the clock near promotion system ofc.

Maybe I'm retarded xD

edit:

Group promotion is active ofc...and nothng:/
I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you. But, it works for me. My member must be in log in when the promotion task run.
Ah yes, you're right, they need to be active within a certain time period. Run the task when that user is online and they should get promoted.
(2009-10-27, 06:32 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yes, you're right, they need to be active within a certain time period. Run the task when that user is online and they should get promoted.

That's so dumb imho. I hate how the promotion system works. It should just go ahead and upgrade anyone that's not already in the group but should be.

Also that little clock icon to run the task manually...isn't imho very obvious. I just thought it was a cute icon. Took me over a year of 1.4x to realize it was to manually run the task.

I'd love to help the OP but I have the same confusions about the promotion system and imho it's not worth all the extra permissions you many need to setup just to require post count to access a forum.
The test user in my Forum was active, I run the task of promotion system and... nothing:/. Unfortunately I can't write a plugin like that (don't have the knowledge, yet), nor can pay for something like that, it's sad.

Any other ideas how I can solve that problem? I can promote users manually by changing their primary group, but already have 170 users, and growing all the time, in a few months it will be to hard to manually do something like that:/
Pages: 1 2 3