MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Template for Lyndon Studios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
the whole site looks poor. i suggest you hire an real designer.

The red color looks aweful
grey and black doesn't match either.
And what's up with that livechat, twitter and paypal thing? it's good to have, but atleast make it fit.

For your own sake don't use this template.
it's business suicide.

Good that your trying, but it's not good. maybe you don't like what im saying, but i'm atleast honest.
@2kh, you do any better? Toungue its not that bad really, i like the layout but the colours are a tiny bit off imo. but overall its not a bad start Big Grin
My biggest tips:
Fix the XHTML 1.0 Transitional validation errors. There is one that is somewhat acceptable (the '<' + '/' one) due to being in a javascript script.
Be more consistent in the shades of red you use. So far I count 3: #7F0000, #8F0000, and I think #CC0000.
Use a lighter (and less saturated) shade of red in the logo and top bar. Might I suggest somewhere around #CB3F21?
Fix the spelling error in the phrase below the logo.
Maybe use the very subtle gloss effect in the "live support" icon on the top bar?

Beyond that I think it looks good. It's not black and white, but it doesn't overuse color. It's not blindingly bright but still professionally light (IMHO few companies can pull off a theme using light text on a dark background).
(2009-10-19, 04:26 PM)Buttons Wrote: [ -> ]@2kh, you do any better? Toungue its not that bad really, i like the layout but the colours are a tiny bit off imo. but overall its not a bad start Big Grin

most likely yes.

(2009-10-19, 06:49 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]My biggest tips:
Fix the XHTML 1.0 Transitional validation errors. There is one that is somewhat acceptable (the '<' + '/' one) due to being in a javascript script.
Be more consistent in the shades of red you use. So far I count 3: #7F0000, #8F0000, and I think #CC0000.
Use a lighter (and less saturated) shade of red in the logo and top bar. Might I suggest somewhere around #CB3F21?
Fix the spelling error in the phrase below the logo.
Maybe use the very subtle gloss effect in the "live support" icon on the top bar?

Beyond that I think it looks good. It's not black and white, but it doesn't overuse color. It's not blindingly bright but still professionally light (IMHO few companies can pull off a theme using light text on a dark background).

Well the layout itself is an good start, but the colors, and to much other thing ruins the whole thing.
2KH, since you are confindent that you can do better, why not design it for him?
BLAH

2KH go away

You bug me so much
(2009-10-19, 10:27 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]BLAH

2KH go away

You bug me so much

Well if your not going to take critics in a honest way then you can stop posting your ugly layout aswell then.
Sure i can go away, but when you post something like that and wants feedback you should be able to take it then. Atleast im telling what sucks, instead of saying it's good when it's not....

T0m: if he pays me i will.
He wants constructive feedback. Not saying its sucks i can do better.
I got that on SupportForums.net when I posted the launch of my site... Made me so mad.
Anyways, I think the template is OK. Keep working on it an eventually it could be pretty good Wink
I'll be taking everyone except 2kh advice into consideration.
As for the validation I'll fix all my errors when I'm finished.
Pages: 1 2 3 4