MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Template for Lyndon Studios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As some other people said your website coding skills are good but the main problem is choosing what colors, when to use what colors, and how to use what colors.

For example instead of using green try a soft blue and it will already look WAY better.

If you want I will make it better for free since I need some more work for my portfolio. Please add me on [email protected]
[hypocrite]But blue is used everywhere![/hypocrite] It's a bit interesting to see something that's not blue on the internet. I applaud Lyndon for trying something different, I just hope he learns to desaturate his colors a bit before using them. It helps make it easier on the eyes.

(Just so people know, IMHO #00FF00 is too saturated, #22DD22 is better, something that uses unbalanced numbers like #6DC04B is best).
In my mind the logo got even worse.
And the mid section with all the text got also worse.
The green color sucks, you should try blue instead..

You should also remove facebook staff list, contact us and top at the footer. That's pretty much useless...

Think about removing twitter,facebook and youtube and replace it with paypal instead...
And perhaps make your own live chat logo like DennisTT did.... Because the ones livezilla have, will probably never fit in your layout.
There is currently an issue with the server and I can't upload anything .... :\
For the nav hover color, you should use #007F0E
I looked at it in photoshop and it looks MUCH better Wink
Well as I said, I can't edit anything until the server is fixed. And the person who manages it wont be on for another hour or two at the earliest.
Issues Resolved. Site Now Live @ www.lyndonstudios.com
I've noticed that there are still a bunch of errors in the code. Also, a suggestion for the logo: make it have a gradient that's like the background, but inverse (lighter on the outside and darker on the inside) and green. Right now it looks kind of plain. Even a simple stroke around it would look better. Though I wouldn't put it live until you've gotten feedback on it first...

The greens you're using are much better now. They're not painfully green, but they still stand out. I use the same technique of using a lighter shade on hover for the links on my new theme that I'm working on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4