MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recommended CMS (free) to meet these requirements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically what I need:

- Needs to be free
- Preferably very light
- Raw HTML/PHP template editing
- Easy to use

I've tried a few, including Joomla! and WordPress, and Drupal, but none seem to offer these.. I want something exactly like IP.Content, minus the integration, but free..

Any suggestions?
Website baker or CMS made simple would probably work well. If you don't like those I'm sure I can find something to your liking Toungue.

Edit: Also do you want a database driven one or does it not matter?
Preferably database driven. However my partner and I have decided we're just going to invest in IP.Board and IP.Content when the time comes, seeing as they're both suitable for what we need.

We'll be using MyBB in the beginning and still be offering MyBB-related services, though Smile
vBulletin 4 will also have CMS.

It actually looks pretty good.

Just a thought for you.
Wordpress.
Maybe Drupal I don't know...
Nevermind didn't read the post xD E107?
I'm working on my own in-house CMS. It's extremely feature-light (to the point of almost being lacking in some departments) and the idea for the theme/template system is based on MyBB's. It's database-driven. Unfortunately it's not ready for release yet. I still need to write a plugin system, and more importantly handle security better. At the moment there's also only the original admin account, though once I've gotten a permissions system in place I will expand this for multi-user websites (i.e. one user maintains one part's pages while being unable to mess with another unrelated part's, most useful for a site with multiple projects).

A lot of the design code-wise (and some parts in other places) were inspired by MyBB, with a few of what I think are improvements.
(2009-10-20, 11:12 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]vBulletin 4 will also have CMS.

It actually looks pretty good.

Just a thought for you.

Yeah, however I personally prefer IP.Board, not to mention I don't want some huge bandwidth-consuming monster, which essentially costs more anyways.

Thanks for the suggestions though.
I bought IP.Content not too long after it was released, and I'm well impressed. For the sake of the cost, it helps stop many headaches.

Given the time, I reckon I can get it to integrate into MyBB with no problems. IP's code is pretty simple for that sort of thing...
Joomla, Wordpress, Magneto(or what it's called), phpnuke
Wordpress and joomla offer ip logging if you mean that?
otherwise just make an plugin for what you want.
i used phpnuke and i don't recommend it's hard to keep it with great security.. really...
Pages: 1 2