MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Linux Users..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Generaly talk about linux

or

Please post your linux distro and desktop environment like so:

distro-version:desktopenvironment

I have Ubuntu-9.10:Fluxbox and Debian-Testing:Fluxbox
Ubuntu studios 9.4
ReactOs 0.3.10
Ubuntu Server 8.10
Frebsd 4.x server (Yea i know old)
And at the moment i am fixing and OSX mac which is based on the BSD Kernal so i guess that counts.
desktop environment?
Vista SP2: Explorer (w/ Aero)
XUbuntu 9.04: XFCE
Mac OS X 10.5.7 (based on a modified Mach 3 v9.7 IIRC): Finder

Vista is my favorite with OS X being a close second. Thank you OSx86 project!
Hopefully I will be upgrading all of them when I get a new laptop, though that won't be for a while.
lol!
osx86 can you get me an iso?
(2009-10-21, 11:16 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Ubuntu studios 9.4 (Gnome)
ReactOs 0.3.10 Default
Ubuntu Server 8.10 Its a server Command line
Frebsd 4.x server (Yea i know old) Did Freebsd even have a Gui version in 4.x series?
And at the moment i am fixing and OSX mac which is based on the BSD Kernal so i guess that counts. Mac is now gone.
Why did you just quote your own post?
Look at the quoted one and the old one. I guess is should've bolded. *JKD asked for the Desktop enviro.
(2009-10-21, 11:37 PM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]osx86 can you get me an iso?

No, the ISO I used is outdated and even then it was just the regular Leopard disk with a few extra drivers and the Chameleon bootloader instead of the normal Mac one. I have a real Leopard disk (there are 3 real Macs in our house, all PPC) and could have used that but with the prepackaged drivers it was easier to just use the prepackaged ISO.

If you really want it, go find it yourself, and don't expect insanelymac.net (the new home of the OSx86 project) to help since they don't redistribute copyrighted works.
Desktop: Gentoo: Fluxbox
Netbook: Ubuntu Netbook Remix: Gnome?
Router: OpenWRT: none
PDA: Cacko: Qtopia
Server: Debian: none

(Version always the latest stable one, except for Gentoo, where I'm running ~amd64 testing).

I also want a Linux based e-book reader and mobile phone, but I don't like the models currently available. It'll probably take another two years for those to become really useful (and, hopefully, cheaper than they are now).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9