MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A secondhand man?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-162947.html

Can what is being suggested here be done? That one person can give another member the power to edit his thread? And can it be only that one person and only that one thread? If so, can one come up with it?
BUMP?
It can be done. Anything really can. If its bloody doable is a different story. This just is more work then its work. If anyone does do this it would take a few days. I think if you got htis it would have to be a pay plugin.
i remember,...there was a plugin "public editing" or something else,...i can't find the link atm,...and i forgot if this was for 1.2.x or 1.4.x
But he wants only one person. Would be hard.
Thanks guys =) I just wanted to see if it were a viable option.
It's realistically a stupid idea.

Yes it can be done but why bother? The idea that you want to give someone else assigned rights to edit your post is silly imho. It's completely unneccessary.
Quote:Ok so simply you know how you have Clubc and Shops and other things where you have Co-Leaders
lets say you go on a hollyday and nothing gets updated
when you come back there are like 20 pages posted
you would have look back at them to see any orders or new members
that would take for ever
So i think there should be an option after you make a thraed
it would say
Select a member which can edit the first post
so that you could put someone in charge
And they would update everything
did you read the link?
Of course I read that.

Better options.

1. Member close the thread (plugin exists)
2. Member sets away message
3. Member posts saying he won't be back till X date
4. Ask mods to close thread until you return

Threads don't need co-leaders.
I do agree the wiki plugins a better idea, but it's a personal concept, perhaps a mod to that to allow usergroups to edit that usergroups threads only might better Big Grin
Pages: 1 2