MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do YOU use IE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-10-25, 04:39 AM)Buttons Wrote: [ -> ]http://reasonstouseie.com

One of the best websites I have seen.

IE is probably the single most limiting factor on the internet's development. If you honestly believe it is the best browser or even you use it then you are probably not in a position to make an educated decision about browsers in general. Sorry but I see no reason to use it and I see no reason for the mindset that it is ok to not bother updating it.
I've had this discussion multiple times on here. Toungue I could post them but you won't have access to them since they are for work and school (the 2 most important sites I use). Outlook's Web Mail is barely usable with anything other than IE, Zimbra is unusable by anything except IE and FireFox (me no likey FF), and ASP pages running on IIS servers fight with me on anything other than IE.

IE isn't the best browser available but it is the best browser I can use. Wink
Outlook Webmail may look weird in anything other than IE, yeah, but it's still perfectly usable, I used it at home in Chrome all the time, and at college in Firefox until they removed it, I could still use it, just didn't look as nice.
(2009-10-26, 09:49 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Outlook's Web Mail is barely usable with anything other than IE, Zimbra is unusable by anything except IE

Yes but that is the fault of the developer, if he had conformed to the well defined standards it would be compatible in all standards compliant browsers with minimal variation in rendering. Google has managed to implement a very complex webmail interface that works flawlessly on all browsers.

(2009-10-26, 09:49 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]ASP pages running on IIS servers fight with me on anything other than IE.

I am not doubting you but ASP being server side that seems like a pretty odd bug... maybe it's related to AJAX implementation.
(2009-10-26, 10:44 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-26, 09:49 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Outlook's Web Mail is barely usable with anything other than IE, Zimbra is unusable by anything except IE

Yes but that is the fault of the developer, if he had conformed to the well defined standards it would be compatible in all standards compliant browsers with minimal variation in rendering. Google has managed to implement a very complex webmail interface that works flawlessly on all browsers.

(2009-10-26, 09:49 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]ASP pages running on IIS servers fight with me on anything other than IE.

I am not doubting you but ASP being server side that seems like a pretty odd bug... maybe it's related to AJAX implementation.
That doesn't change the fact that I'm stuck with IE though. Toungue
Its nice for some more then basic click and shoot, (I use for Youtube etc) I use chrome for basic foruming, Flock for social networking, ff for addons needed.
FireFox for everything... though since I run Linux I also have Epiphany, Opera, Konqeror, and few more installed for options (and seeing how things I design look in different browsers)
One thing i don't like about Linux. No good IE replacement, lightweight and decent for flash...
(2009-10-26, 07:41 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]One thing i don't like about Linux. No good IE replacement, lightweight and decent for flash...

http://www.konqueror.org/features/browser.php
http://getswiftfox.com/

Don't replace IE but konqueror is pretty lightweight Toungue. And well swiftfox because it actually handles flash better than firefox on linux for some reason.
Neverheard of swiftfox. Will have to try it.
Pages: 1 2 3