MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Swine Flu Vax.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The people who have already had it should count themselves lucky to be honest, they should be immune to it should a strong strain go round in the winter. Kinda like mothers putting their kids in with other kids who have chickenpox, they make sure they get it early so they're immune from it ASAP. Some people even went on swine flu parties to spread it amongst themselves to build up an immunity.
My mom got really sick recently and the doctor said she might have N1H1 (They cant call it the swine flu anymore Toungue)
Shes already over it and back to work Toungue
But everyone in our family except me got really sick so we are getting the yearly flu vaccine from now on Toungue
That vaccine haven't worked in anyone on my family Toungue We ALL got flu this year lol
You got many different types of H1N1 some types are mild and don't do much but others can be a tough flue Wink. For example some types can be very dangerous for young female lungs but others can be no more than a running nose, or a headaches and stomachaches.

I believe that H1N1 flue is way to over hyped and as others said that it is just like any other flue, the only problem is that it is a new flue which our immune systems are not used to (yet).

So yea get the shot if your relatives or close friends had a serious type of the H1N1 but if you already had it or didn't bother you yet than I wouldn't get it Wink.
Zomaian, H1N1 is the specific genetic strain, there's only one swine flu, but it brings out different symptoms in different people Wink
(2009-10-26, 09:04 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that one of the biggest reasons for all of the hype is that it had a bunch of genetic similarities to the 1918 flu (I think) that killed a bunch of people. However, due to better understanding of the diseases and better medical care it isn't as much of a threat, but people overreacted anyway. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

The similarities is the keys the use to enter each cell *Hence the name H1N1* And until now no vax. was done. But now it is, and it is a threat to alot of people. And my entire english class was freaking on it on thursday, and i was just laughing, but i was under shizz before.
(2009-10-26, 08:25 PM)Buttons Wrote: [ -> ]My dad had swine flu and he had no more than the sniffles

Then he didn't have H1N1 influenza.

H1N1 acts like any other flu virus, but affects a different part of your body than normal - seasonal - flu. In theory, it's more dangerous because it is more contagious.

If you have the virus, then you're literally knocked out for 6; practically to the point where you won't get out of bed no matter how strong your immune system is. If you've ever had flu before, you'll know the difference between it and a common cold. Shy... much more than sniffles, a cough and sneeze...!

Oh, and I won't be getting the vaccination. I'm in the group least affected apparently, so I'm last in line! Toungue
(2009-10-26, 10:53 PM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]That vaccine haven't worked in anyone on my family Toungue We ALL got flu this year lol

Well it doesn't protect against the normal flu. Just H1N1
I haven't gotten a flu shot in 3-4 years now. Last time I got one, I got something I wasn't vaccinated for, my parents got different a different flu then we got vaccinated for. My dad's only getting it because he works with food everyday.
not me... anyways im off for 5 days because we got 1 case. One of my friends.
Pages: 1 2 3 4