MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My design not my forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.leetcoders.org

It's a theme I have done for the client. Please feel free to give your opinion. Although I am sure the "it's too dark" will be heard I am sure you can give us other input as well.

The requirements given to me for the theme were to use black and red. So I did.
It's nice! but the forum icons are a little unclear..
The puzzle pieces? It's the one taken from their logo which I did not design. I did the on/off icons based on that. I agree that it could be better though.
I like the way it flashes though! Big Grin
It's dark, but it's still nice.
Good work.
Technically it's a fade and it's one of my favorite on button techniques to use.
Labrocca, you need to start theming a little more! That is amazing!
Sorry if I don't say "OMG I love it because you made Labrocca!! <3" (maybe is a bit exaggerated lol), but I prefer to be honest.

The theme pretty basic, just some color and images replacement. But it's still usable I guess. Though, the body background is nice.

It's personal choice, but I don't really enjoy dark themes, but that have nothing to with this Toungue And again something personal, but I don't like animated gifs (no matter what they do).
Looks ok. Toungue I like the animated gif.
Quote:Sorry if I don't say "OMG I love it because you made Labrocca!! <3" (maybe is a bit exaggerated lol), but I prefer to be honest.

I prefer you do too.

Quote:The theme pretty basic, just some color and images replacement.

Very true but it's completely intentional. I try to make themes that are purely css and images based. This ensures higher compability with plugins and future mybb updates. Nothing worse than complex template changes that break plugins, don't validate, and screw up functions of mybb. It's actually a very common problem.

Quote:It's personal choice, but I don't really enjoy dark themes

I think they can work but I am iffy about them too. My own HF might be considered a dark theme but for some reason I don't see it as that. HF and even my newer SupportForums.net focus more on neutral colors like grey. Black can be tough to work with and adding red with it is even more difficult imho. I had to minimize the red really to ensure your eyes didn't bleed.

Quote: but I don't like animated gifs (no matter what they do).

Understandable and I don't always use them. I just like a subtle fade effect when I do.

When working for a client you have to think what will please them. It's rare a client will say "make me whatever you want" and then actually like it. They somehow manage to always want adjustments many times ones you don't agree with. Being a designer isn't always easy.

Quote:Labrocca, you need to start theming a little more! That is amazing!

Besides the amazing kiss-lime part thanks. I would like to release a few themes and for 1.2x I had a bunch of them out. I have I believe about 5 for 1.4x just waiting for release. I haven't bothered yet though. Maybe this week.
Pages: 1 2 3