MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free AV preference.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
T0m one advise for you sis get Clamp AV ^^ its free and is good as what I heard.
(2009-10-29, 01:20 AM)Deadriot Wrote: [ -> ]T0m one advise for you sis get Clamp AV ^^ its free and is good as what I heard.

Hahaha, nah she cbf to do it, and she doesn't let me touch her laptop. I actually didn't know there was a windows version that worked :/ I will try that actually. I only used it on Nix :p
You mean clam right? Seems the current one is under Dev, and the old Win32 isn't supported..
ClamWin for my Windows boxes, ClamAV for my servers. Both work great and use barely any resources.
I will try ClamWin Thanks KuJoe, and btw, WOW
Everytime!
ClamAV since they update on a regular bases meaning 24/7 unlike most free virus scanners like Avast and AVG free
AVG. I haven't had a virus in almost a year now, I had a bad one when I used avast, switched to avg and haven't looked back.
You don't catch viruses from anti-virus software, so it doesn't matter which anti-virus software you have if you download a virus it's not the software's fault. Toungue
Well, I agree with KuJoe. ClamAV under *nix and ClamWin for Windows. However, ClamWin has no access scanning mode. Meaning you have to run manual scans every now and again. It used to be there, but in Windows its borked.

From the ClamWin site:
Quote:Please note that ClamWin Free Antivirus does not include an on-access real-time scanner. You need to manually scan a file in order to detect a virus or spyware.

However, it does have integrated scanning with many programs, especially email programs and browsers. I love it, and since it has a scan scheduler I just schedule for 3:30am every day and voila. Smile

Screw that Norton crap.

All this said however, I did vote for Buy Kaspersky Wink
3 license version was only $60 last time I looked.
Of course, I would have voted for clam/clamwin but you didn't have on list Big Grin
At the expense of getting flamed. I use Microsoft Security Essentials, along with windows firewall. Never had a virus on any of my computers though. So I don't really care what anti-virus I have installed lol.
I used to use Comodo Internet Security, but stopped using it when I updated to the 7 public testing.
Pages: 1 2 3