MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Custom CMS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-11-08, 02:52 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]- Tags to each page (search engine purposes)
Brilliant!

Quote:- Some sort of simple SEO, maybe to rewrite the URLs as /Page-{pagename} ?
Will probably have to be a plugin. It might become core once I've squashed all of the bugs and added a few higher priority core functions (like multi-user administration).

Quote:- Custom 404 pages
I have something like this on my www site for MyBB (custom written) so porting it shouldn't be too hard.

Quote:- Fix what happens when you enter an invalid page (could display above message)
I might have it automatically use the 404 page (or, more likely, have the 404 page use this feature).

Quote:- Perhaps by default put the links up top like MyBB's? I've always preferred toplinks over sideboxes tbh.
I think that would be good, since it would only be a minor change to the default theme. It could also be the motivation I need for a "global section" feature (i.e. a section usable on all pages). Of course, the links box on the side in the Sandbox was only a quick demonstration of how to use multiple sections and isn't in the real theme.

Thank you for all of these suggestions, now I actually have something to do.
If you want people to create plugins for even the basic features than not many people will use it since not everyone knows html, php, css, etc. You have to make it so that anyone can use it without any knowledge and have it so that it has all the regular/necessary features to use it for something useful because at the moment I got to clue what you can do with it.
Well, right now I'm still working on a bunch of stuff. There's also personal life issues I'm going through (i.e. finding a job) as well as the fact that this is the second major PHP project I've ever worked on (the first being my downloads manager project). I wanted to keep the core features for this initial release relatively easy to implement so I could actually finish this project. Once the initial release is working nicely then I can add things like URL SEO (which I can, in fact, see myself using on my site).

It's not that I don't want most of these as core features, it's that I want to actually release a real 1.0 of this sometime before 2012 without getting burnt out.

In other news, I've implemented, but not uploaded (yet), the keywords and description meta tags for the pages. I also restructured the file tree and (IMHO) improved the installer's code to make updating easier.

Edit: I've also just added a page so people can better test the theme and page editing capabilities. Before, I saw little when it came to editing pages and themes. It also helps demonstrate how to access created pages.
@Firestryke31

Great job! Very simple yet good CMS, I wish you all the best with its development.
(2009-11-08, 10:16 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, right now I'm still working on a bunch of stuff. There's also personal life issues I'm going through (i.e. finding a job) as well as the fact that this is the second major PHP project I've ever worked on (the first being my downloads manager project). I wanted to keep the core features for this initial release relatively easy to implement so I could actually finish this project. Once the initial release is working nicely then I can add things like URL SEO (which I can, in fact, see myself using on my site).

It's not that I don't want most of these as core features, it's that I want to actually release a real 1.0 of this sometime before 2012 without getting burnt out.

In other news, I've implemented, but not uploaded (yet), the keywords and description meta tags for the pages. I also restructured the file tree and (IMHO) improved the installer's code to make updating easier.

Edit: I've also just added a page so people can better test the theme and page editing capabilities. Before, I saw little when it came to editing pages and themes. It also helps demonstrate how to access created pages.
Alright I misunderstood you I thought that you would never add that Toungue. Good luck again!
Maybe a sidebar editor/maker?
Dragged this up from page 3 to state that I've finished the tags/description meta element support, as well as finished the updater. Once I've finished the "loading themes" functionality (similar to MyBB's, except I might do some things differently) I'll consider putting it up for true public beta as well as contributions.
Pages: 1 2 3