MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Media Center PCs and Custom installs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After spending too many hours on another forum answering peoples questions and detailing my DIY and Home Cinema running Windows Media Center, I decided to implement all that I'd done on my own site. Then just recently I also thought; 'why not add a forum / message board section as well', and I came across the excellent MyBB!!

www.mediacenterhouse.com

The site sits in an already crowded market covering both Media Center and AV Home Cinema, but it's more of a hobby than anything. I've only had the forum up a week and have been playing around with plugins etc and I managed to find a theme that kind of fits my current site design so am happy with the way it looks for now. I need to understand PHP a bit more before attempting any more mods I think. And like 90% of people on here, I just need more members!!
Like the topic, not the theme. Sad

My low-end HTPC:
[Image: server.jpg]
Hmmm, I take it you mean the theme of MyBB and not the general theme of the site (I hope!).

Yes, upon looking at others, like the Gamers Pact one, maybe mine does look a little 'lost'.

Great HTPC BTW! Very energy-savy.

(2009-11-10, 04:14 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Like the topic, not the theme. Sad
The forum theme just doesn't suit the site. If it looked more like the main site I'd be interested but the green is what's bothering me.
(2009-11-10, 11:46 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]The forum theme just doesn't suit the site. If it looked more like the main site I'd be interested but the green is what's bothering me.

Spent a bit more time on the layout now adding more plugins etc. Also had another negative comment about the green from somewhere else Rolleyes

Blue any better?
A little better, but it's a few to many contrasting colors for my tastes. It might look good for others but I'm colorblind so colors look different to me so don't change it on just my account. Wink
(2009-12-24, 10:02 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]A little better, but it's a few to many contrasting colors for my tastes. It might look good for others but I'm colorblind so colors look different to me so don't change it on just my account. Wink

Ah, opinions help though, even if only from a few people! I see what you mean about it not being quite smooth enough. Time to work on it looking 'slicker' for 2010 then Big Grin
Keep up the good work though, with a better theme I would definitely join up (and yours would be one of the small few I've actually considered joining because the topic is unique and interesting).
I like your idea and i like to see how it all works. A very nice way of doing it.
Maybe try using Dfhola's ExtBlack theme? Also nice idea Wink
Pages: 1 2