MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm Leaving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2009-11-10, 01:08 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Also what do you mean God is telling me do you mean the bible or did someone/you think/hear/believe that god wanted you to do that. If you believe that he wanted to do that than that means that you are willingly to help someone wihout someone or the bible to tell you what to do. If that's the case than it seems to be more understandable for me since your just using God to make your own decissions. I am more wondering why people follow and do what a book says that was written thousands of years ago.

Try to respond with things which don't have much of a blow on people's beliefs -- that will result in a religious debate and a locked thread. I am an Atheist as well but even so you shouldn't consider continuing like this.
Ii would liked my post addressed.
Alright I get your point...sort off. I just can't place my self in the idea of spending so much time and effort in something that doesn't exist or is proven in my opinion.
(2009-11-10, 01:12 AM)DalinS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-10, 01:08 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Also what do you mean God is telling me do you mean the bible or did someone/you think/hear/believe that god wanted you to do that. If you believe that he wanted to do that than that means that you are willingly to help someone wihout someone or the bible to tell you what to do. If that's the case than it seems to be more understandable for me since your just using God to make your own decissions. I am more wondering why people follow and do what a book says that was written thousands of years ago.

Try to respond with things which don't have much of a blow on people's beliefs -- that will result in a religious debate and a locked thread. I am an Atheist as well but even so you shouldn't consider continuing like this.
I am not trying to cause any trouble or debate I just want to know why. Also you could say the same thing about Lydon for bringing this topic up Wink.
(2009-11-10, 01:12 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Ii would liked my post addressed.
I don't get your post
Did you devise how your frame would be formed? (did you?)
If you’d be raised in a palace, or live out in the streets, Did you choose the place or the hour you’d be born? (did you?)
Tell me what can you claim? Not a thing - not your name!
Tell me if you can recall just one thing, That’s not a gift in this life?
Nope that why your family tries to do the best so that you grow up in a good environment. You parents decide if you get born or not and they should only do so if they can support you.
Its meant in a much deeper term
Well, most times we fighted, but it's time to farewell you
^^ i hope you have success in your new life Smile

God bless you bro

Glas
I really should be making the same descision as you, Lyndon. I am on the computer all the time, always working on my websites or otherwise.

Hope all goes well,
God bless ya.
I don't wanna sound like I'm bashing but couldn't resist throwing in my 2cents.

Its really nice what you're thinking of doing but ask yourself, are you doing them for the right reasons? So far you've told us that you had a calling, you're doing it so you can get away from the internet, you're doing it because you live in a small town and just want to get away.
If these are really your reasons then I'd suggest you don't go, coz it seems you just want to run away from your current life and taking whatever "opportunity" you get. If these are the reasons you want to go then it'll only be a short time before you feel like moving on again which is not healthy.

I like what some other users have said about helping out locally. If its really a calling then you should start locally, get a feel of what it really involves coz believe me its not as easy as the people in the missions make it sound, seeing all that grief can be emotionally taxing. Have you ever seen a homeless person standing at the lights begging for some help? Granted some (most?) of them are drug addicts looking for a few bucks for a hit but have you ever reached out to them? Helped them? Charity begins at home!
Agreed 100% with G33K
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7